Sunday, March 28, 2010

planning my taiwan trip for may

Hi all





I intend to go to Taiwan in May for 8D7N. Here%26#39;s my plan:





Days 1 and 2: Taipei



Days 3 and 4: Jiayi (Alishan)



Days 5 to 7: Kaoshiung



Day 8: back to Taipei





Could anyone enlighted me on how to get from one place to the other given my plan? I%26#39;d like to visit Taroko for a day too. Could I do it while I%26#39;m in Kaoshiung? Thanks a lot!



planning my taiwan trip for may


You have multiple transportation options. Depending on your budget, you can either take the THSR, TRA or long distance coaches such as King bus, U-Bus or E-bus.





THSR is the fastest, but also most expnesive. TRA is slower, but offers a more scenic ride, and gets you directly into downtown of each city. Long distance coaches is the cheapest, but you run the risk of getting stuck in traffic.





It is not practical to visit Taroko from Kaohsiung, it is cheaper and faster to visit Taroko from Taipei instead. Take the TRA Taroko tain, and you will get to Hualien in 2 hours, then just take the city bus, hire a cab, rent a bike, or join a local group tour to Taroko.

No comments:

Post a Comment