Sunday, March 28, 2010

Did I pay too much for tea in Beijing?

I bought tea in a ';government'; tea house in the bottom of the Bell Tower in Beijing. Now that I%26#39;m taking a closer look at the bill, I%26#39;m wondering if I paid too much. Has anyone else had experience purchasing tea at this location? Am I naive in thinking that a ';government'; tea house would have fair prices?







Did I pay too much for tea in Beijing?


This post will probably be better served in the China/Beijing forum don%26#39;t you think?



Did I pay too much for tea in Beijing?


Teas come in various qualities whether purchased in the ROC or PRC or India e.t.c.





It really depends on the quality you bought. A Grade Tea can cost a lot.




Most of the time, it is not a rip off, you may just have gotten tea that is of really high quality.We paid about USD 2000 for four tiny tea bricks once in Guilin, it was the most expensive tea we%26#39;ve ever bought but it sure tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment