Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Local tour in taipei- book upon arrival

hello,





This is my first time to taipei, kinda excited over it.





Currently, thinking of whether to pre-book local tour ( bring us around to the few famous hot spots) or rather to book with any local tour that i could find upon arrival in the airport..not too sure if the latter one will be TOO risky..





Anyway i%26#39;m going there 8D7N.. currently i only make booking for air ticket + accommodation.





Any advice on the FEW DEFINITELY places(e.g sight-seeing/temples) that i must visit..





SHiLin night market and Wu fen pu are inside my listing .. :)



Local tour in taipei- book upon arrival


I booked 2 Taipei tours with Have Fun Travel before I arrived in Taiwan:





www.havefuntravel.tw/list_hotel_lobby.asp







1. The City Tour during the day was good, although it consisted of me, another tourist, the guide, and the driver. I guess it wasn%26#39;t too busy that day. The only part I could do without was the stop at the ';Handicraft Center'; which is nothing but an over-priced souvenir shop.





2. I also did the Park %26amp; Hot Spring tour but this one wasn%26#39;t as good. I was joined by 4 other tourists, and althogh the park is nice, I could have easily went there myself. The hot spring bath was at some old place with zero atmosphere. The baths were in a dungy basement and wasn%26#39;t worth the trip.







3. I also did a non-Taipei trip with this company (the one-day tour to Taroko Gorge) and this was the best one. If you%26#39;re traveling solo, then this would be a good option. If you have a couple more people with you, then you can hire a personal driver and guide like others have done on this board.

No comments:

Post a Comment