Friday, March 26, 2010

Can walk from Metro Daan station to original Din Tai Fung?

Hi,





1. How long will it take to walk From Metro Daan to Din Tai Fung at 194 Xinyi Road?



2. Which exit do I get out from Metro Daan?



3. Do I have to cross the road to take bus number 20/ 204/ 22 / 38? 4. How many bus stops from Metro Daan to Yong Kang St?



5. How far from Yong Kang Street to Din Tai Fung? Is it nearer to JinHua St or Chaozhou St?



6. Can we pay cash on the bus? How much would it be ?





Thanks.



Can walk from Metro Daan station to original Din Tai Fung?


1. From MRT DaAn to Din Tai Fung on Xinyi Rd. (near corner of Yongkang St.) it takes 15~20 min. on foot.



2. %26amp; 3. If you take a bus, exit MRT DaAn (there%26#39;s only 1 exit), cross Xinyi Rd. to the westbound side of the road and on Xinyi Rd. board the bus at ';Jianguo S. Rd. Intersection'; stop. Alight 2 stops later at ';Yongkang St. Intersection'; stop. Din Tai Fung is across the street, on the south side of Xinyi Rd. (eastbound traffic side).



5. Din Tai Fung is just around the corner, a few storefronts away, from Yongkang St.----between Yongkang St. and Xinsheng S. Rd.



6. Yes, you can pay cash on the bus. When boarding, check the sign above the driver, which will instruct you to pay upon boarding or alighting. NT15, deposited into the transparent box next to the driver.



Can walk from Metro Daan station to original Din Tai Fung?


In this Autumn weather the walk will be really pleasant .




Reviving this old thread as I also have questions about getting to Din Tai Fung.





Referring to this map of Daan Metro Station:





www.trtc.com.tw/img/ALL/Route2200/011.jpg





It means after I exit Daan station, I should walk left along Xinyi Rd Sec. 3 towards Jianguo S. Rd? The bus-stop is somewhere along Xinyi Rd Sec. 3?





Then I should alight at Yongkang St intersection stop, cross the road to get to the opposite side where Din Tai Fung is?





When I%26#39;m done at Din Tai Fung and Ice Monster, I can just take the same buses back to Daan Station, or is that a one-way road? I intend to visit Taipei 101 after eating at Yongkang St.





Thanks in advance for clarifying my doubts. :)




It means after I exit Daan station, I should walk left along Xinyi Rd Sec. 3 towards Jianguo S. Rd?



Yes



The bus-stop is somewhere along Xinyi Rd Sec. 3?



Yes-Across the road





Then I should alight at Yongkang St intersection stop, cross the road to get to the opposite side where Din Tai Fung is?



Correct-



If for some reason DTF is really crowded and you are really hungry e.t.c. Go to NO. 5 Yongkang st. you wont be dissapointed either.



http://www.kao-chi.com/main-e.htm





When I%26#39;m done at Din Tai Fung and Ice Monster, I can just take the same buses back to Daan Station, or is that a one-way road? I intend to visit Taipei 101 after eating at Yongkang St.



Take bus No 20 and alight at WTC Hall 3, and a 4 mins walk to 101 bldg.



OR Bus 22 and alight at the WTC and a 4 min walk to 101 Bldg.




Thanks, nuttyazn! That has certainly made things a lot clearer for me. And I%26#39;m glad there%26#39;s a direct bus to Taipei 101, so I don%26#39;t have to transfer to the metro. :)





I am in fact considering heading straight to KaoChi as I read that the food is just as good as Din Tai Fung and cheaper. I note that it%26#39;s at No. 5 Yongkang St and Din Tai Fung is at No. 194 Xinyi Rd (entrance of Yongkang St). Are the two restaurants actually quite near each other?




Kao Chi is VERY close to Din Tai Fung, just around the corner. It%26#39;s the small street just next to Din Tai Fung, and the first (or second?) building on your left.





I was just there this weekend, ate in both places, and would say that Kao Chi is definitely better and cheaper, and there are NO lines!




Is there a Beef noodle shop near Din Tai Feng? A friend told me abt this Beef Noodle shop but he cant recall the name. Can anyone help?




老張牛肉麵 is very near Ding Tai Fung HQ in Yongkang Street.





The other is Yong Kang St Beef Noodles (永康街牛肉麵店)



No 17 Lane 31, Juinshan S Rd Sec 2 (near Yong Kang St)



Tel: (02) 2351 1051



http://www.beefnoodle-master.com

No comments:

Post a Comment