Sunday, April 4, 2010

one night stay in sun moon lake and Alishan

Hi!





I am thinking of going to sun moon lake and Alishan in May for my 7d6n trip in taiwan. is it highly recommended to stay one night in sun moon lake and Alishan or it is possible to just travel there n back to taipei?





also for Taichung? can I not stay 1 night there?





Thanks so much in advance for your help!



one night stay in sun moon lake and Alishan


Hi littleeegal,





Sun Moon Lake is about 132km apart (estimated from google map). Taking a cab (NT3000~4000) will at least takes 1.5hrs to 4 hrs, depending on what route you take.





Plus if you look at the timing of Alishan train, I don%26#39;t think you can complete SML and Alishan in 1 day.





Do read my post as I have just post some replies to similar questions as yours.





tripadvisor.com/鈥?6276031



one night stay in sun moon lake and Alishan


Thanks for replying! so its recommended that i stay 1 night each in sun moon lake n Alishan?




it really depends on what you want to see and do in each place; years ago, we did a 2 hr stop in SML on our way to Hualien but we%26#39;ve also spend a night there on other occasions.If u stay overnight, u get to see the sunrise n sunset over the lake and one gets enough time to visit other sights nearby.



For Alishan, I really don%26#39;t think the accomodation up there is worth the bucks , so would advice a one day trip unless u want to catch the sunrise at Zhushan or take the Alishan train.




thanks for the input!





i see! guess i will just travel up to both places in 2 days without staying overnights in each place...so i won%26#39;t have to keep lugging my luggage along... =)




Hi littleeegal,





Your trip to Taiwan seems short. Is this your 1st trip to Taiwan? You%26#39;ve been to Taipei?





This coming april will be my 3rd time to Taiwan and my 1st trip was mainly spent in Taipei (5D4N) and my 2nd trip in Taipei and Hualien (5D4N). Yes, there are that many places to go in Taipei and its surrounding places.





If this trip is your 1st time to Taipei, I would recommend you spend some time in Taipei and Hualien. Going to Alishan and SML (to me I guess) is like a relaxation trip, to appreciate the nature. Rushing through the trip may not be as enjoyable. Maybe I%26#39;m getting old. HAHAHAHA....





But anyhow, you can still squeeze in Alishan and SML. If you have not too much of a budget, I would recommend you to do a 2D1N trip with http://small-swiss.so-buy.com/ and get Charlies to quote you a van ride to SML from Alishan. And then you can stay in SML for 1 night and the next morning/afternoon, you can take a bus back to Taichung.





If you don%26#39;t think Taichung is a good place to tour, you can take the HSR back to Taipei.





There is a straight bus from SML to Taipei actually so it saves you the trouble from SML to Taichung then HSR to Taipei. Of course the bus trip (I think4~5 hrs?) is long but cheaper!



www.sunmoonlake.gov.tw/EN/02000479.aspx





In this way, you can cover Alishan and SML in about 2.5~3 days and you still have sufficient time to be in Taipei.





I love Jiufen and Danshui in Taipei. And if you still have free time, go to a Hotspring in Beitou.


  • natural cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment