Friday, April 2, 2010

Hotspring for Children

I really would love to visit a hotspring during my visit to Taiwan nx week, but I%26#39;m not sure if children are allowed to bathe in hotspring?





Is it ';safe'; for them? My kids are 5 and 2 yrs old.





Thank you :)





Hotspring for Children


No it is not safe for children!



Hot spring increases the stress on one%26#39;s heart; children, and elderly with heart problems should refrain from using hot springs. Even healthy adults should spend no more than 15 minutes at a time in a hot spring.



In addition, the water temperature can burn a child quite easily. And if a child drinks the water by accident he will suffer severe abdominal injuries (it is after all, sulphuric water).



Hotspring for Children


Thank you for confirming that :)





I%26#39;ve never been to one, and thought (from what I read) that it%26#39;s probably too hot, or uncomfortable for kids. But I never thought about the aspects of them accidentally drinking it!





However, I%26#39;ve seen some pictures (brochures) of hotsprings, where I see a whole family in it. With kids (probably not as young as mine) in the pool with their parents, using swimming floats. That%26#39;s why I decide to throw this out at the forum... just in case there%26#39;s such a place (suitable) for kids :D




One has to exercise some discretion when bringing toddlers to hotspring.As mentioned, hotspring is not safe for kids.Personally, I did not allow my kids to use the hotspring until they were 6.In Taiwan, the hotsprings come in diff temp, n the ones that is below 38 deg Celsius would probably be OK as long as they do not stay in there for too long, say , more than 15-20 min? Still, if u are in doubt, best to forget about the idea until they are older.




yes, thanks for the advice. I definitely won%26#39;t be bringing them to hotsprings now. I just need to clear the doubts abt this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment