Friday, April 2, 2010

CingJing Farm, Sun Moon Lake, Alishan

hello, I%26#39;ll be traveling to Taiwan from 13-21 March (free/easy). 1st 3 nights, and last 2 nights in Taipei. The middle part of 16-19 March, I intend to visit the scenic spots of Lishan (Cingjing Farm), SML, and Alishan.





It%26#39;ll be 4 of us (2 adults + 2 kids: 5yrs, 2 yrs) I%26#39;m just wondering if it%26#39;ll be too rushed to visit these 3 places in 3 days? And how about the traveling (train/bus etc), how long will it take?





Is this ';plan'; practical with 2 young kids, and will it be too tiring for them?





Any advice %26amp; suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)





*PS: I%26#39;d prefer to stay at small homestay/guesthouse type, where services are more personalized, and prices (hopefully) more economical as well.





Thank you!



CingJing Farm, Sun Moon Lake, Alishan


Trying to cover all 3 places in 3 days is not practical. You will be spending so much time on transportation you will not have time left to enjoy the scenaries.





Fcous on just 2 places. My suggestion is to do Cing-Jing and SML this time, and leave Alishan for a later visit.





Both Cing-Jing and Alishan are considered mountain retreats. The reason I suggest Cing-Jing instead of Alishan is because Cing-Jing has better lodging and dining oprions, a milder temperature, and more activities that kids enjoy. I don%26#39;t think your 2 and 5 year old will enjoy having to wake up at 5 a.m. to brave the bitter cold and watch the sun rise, they would much rather play with the cattles, feed the sheeps, and roll around on the green pastures (just my guess).



CingJing Farm, Sun Moon Lake, Alishan


hi pcheng,





thank you for replying my post again! :) I%26#39;m prepared to cut down on the places to visit, as it was meant to be a holiday/retreat, and don%26#39;t want to be too tired out by the traveling as well.





I think that was a good suggestion!




I will be going taiwan during march period as well. Instead of CJ farm %26amp; SML, have chosen to go Alishan instead. It will be cold in Alishan but this is the period of the cherry blossom ( Mar up to mid Apr) and I heard fm several taiwanese that alishan will be nice at this period. :)




Alto, when are you going? And where in Alishan will you be staying?





My kids were hospitalized few days ago for some viral infection, and was only discharged today. The younger one is still quite weak....I%26#39;m also not quite sure if we can go ahead as planned :(




Alto, when are you going? And where in Alishan will you be staying?





My kids were hospitalized few days ago for some viral infection, and was only discharged today. The younger one is still quite weak....I%26#39;m also not quite sure if we can go ahead as planned :(

No comments:

Post a Comment