Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pork scare in Taiwan

Recently there are cases where disease (I think is HFMD) in pigs and Taiwan has stop exporting the pork.





So may I know is the pork in Taiwan safe to consume now?





I don%26#39;t mean to be rude but I just want to be safe.





Thanks.



Pork scare in Taiwan


The government said it%26#39;s safe still and all the the situations are under control,but I think you have right to refuse to eat.



Pork scare in Taiwan


It was in the news a few days ago, I think the Ministry of Health was onto it, seems the problem is contained now.Taiwanese are very ganjiong about such things one, so though I am not 100 percent sure,it should be OK, as usually ,if no more news (on the media) means good news.




I would advise that you stay away from processed pork products such as sausages, minced meat, and even meat ball soup. During the last outbreak, the Taiwanese government did a horrible job of quarantine, which allowed some of the tainted meats to flow into the market as processed food products.




Things are back to normal here up North. This was in the Tainan area. I see people shop like normal in the wet markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment