Monday, December 12, 2011

Penghu hotel

Please can anyone recommend a hotel in Magong City, Penghu? I don鈥檛 drive nor ride a bike so I suppose it is best to stay in the city itself for convenience. There are lots of hotel but I do not know which is actually in the city itself. I was looking at An-I hotel which seems very nice and reasonably priced but I think it is quite far from the city? Also, if anyone can share anything regarding Penghu, that would be greatly appreciated.



Penghu hotel


All these Hotel are in the Magong city,



www.taiwanhotelbooking.net/location.php?l=52







Penghu,



www.penghu-nsa.gov.tw/user/main.aspx鈥?/a>





In Penghu ,the winter ,because its weather ,is not a tourism season.



Penghu hotel


I stayed at 鍚夌編娓″亣鏉?when I visited Penghu in 2007.





Comfortable high rise hotel right next to the Magong harbor. In the morning you get to watch the navy destroyers start their engines and sail out to sea. Plenty of restaurants around the area, and the hotel is connected to the ferry terminal (to Taiwan) on the ground floor.





You should spend a couple days away from Magong. Magong may be the capital of Penghu, but to truly appreciate the beauty of this archipelago you need to visit the outlying smaller islands. The ferries leave from the tourist information center, which is just a short walk from the hotel.




Thank you very much. I will take the advice of pcheng re hotel. I am going from Chiayi, ferry arrives around 12 noon, so maybe book a taxi and take a half day around the island (I understand three islands are linked by bridges) for the first day, then next morning maybe an island tour. Which island would you recommend? I am taking the 4 pm ferry from Penghu back to Chiayi.




lu24759 thanks, I am going in early July which I understand is peak. I personally prefer off peak (less crowd) but since this is the first time and I am not sure how bad the winds will be, better don%26#39;t try my luck.




The more popular islands include Qi-Mei, Bai-Sha, and Ji-Bei. You can forget about the later 2 because they are likely closed for the season.





As for Qi-Mei,it is 2 hours away by ferry from Magong. So to make it back before 4 p.m. you must catch the first boat in the morning. Check with the tourist info center at Magong harbor for time and schedule.




Oops, sorry, if you are going in July then it is peak season, and both Bai-Sha and Ji-Bei island will be open.




OK thanks. Guess I have to take the tour that suits my schedule best.

No comments:

Post a Comment