Monday, December 12, 2011

Day Trip: Yingge, Sanhsia & Dasi

Need some advice from Taiwan experts. I was unable to find a recent thread with information on these areas.





I%26#39;m planning on a day trip to Yingge and Sanxia, and some may even include Dasi. But I cant find more information on the transportation and recommendations on these places.





I%26#39;ve found that you can reach Yingge via a short train ride and subsequently there are buses to Sanxia from Yingge.





Can I check:



- Upon arriving at Yingge train station, are directions to the old street and museum easily accessible? Dont have any maps of it on hand!



- Where do I find the buses that goes to Sanxia?



- Same question, is it easy to move around in Sanxia?



- How do I go back to Taipei from Sanxia?



- If there is still time for Dasi, how do I go about that?





From basic research these places seems not far from Taipei City and not alot of ground to cover. So can I say I probably can finish by evening?





Thanks all in advance! :)



Day Trip: Yingge, Sanhsia %26amp; Dasi


I have not got the chance to do Sanxia yet but did enquire about it some time back. Maybe you would like to refer to this:



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k214鈥?/a>



Day Trip: Yingge, Sanhsia %26amp; Dasi


thanks for referring me to the thread... I took down the buses to take from Sanhsia to XMD. :)





any more advice will be much appreciated!




I would do Sanxia first, then Yingge, because 1) Yingge requires more time to browse the Ceramics Street and visit the Ceramics Museum; and 2) after a long day, you can take the train back to Taipei from Yingge Railway Station (30 min. ride).



Sanxia Old Street doesn%26#39;t require much time at all, and with the famous Chingshui Tzushi Temple just around the corner, both can be covered pretty quickly.



I%26#39;m not familiar with taking the bus from Yingge to Sanxia; by car, they%26#39;re approx. 20 min. apart.



The website below says that you can easily walk from Yingge Railway Station to Ceramics Street. From the photo on the link, do take note of what the official Ceramics Street looks like, because there are several streets lined with pottery shops, which can be confusing.



http://yingge.tw/



Do not go on Mondays.



Happy treasure hunting~




Thanks for the advice, that really helps!



I did not think of doing it the other way round cos most reviews do Yingge-Sanxia. Sounds good since I stay at Ximending where buses leave for Sanxia





Any idea how early are these streets active? If I reach Sanxia in the late morning, i%26#39;d think its OK? Will appreciate if anyone who has taken taxi from Sanxia-Yingge or vice versa can advise how much it takes... Since Ive 4 pax, was wondering if taxi can be an option too!




Based on the travel time from Sanxia to Yingge (20 min., 30 min. tops), estimated taxi fare would be NT250~400---that%26#39;s really a rough guess, as you can see. The next time I take a taxi, I%26#39;ll ask the driver if he has any idea---so watch this post. (When is your trip?)



I don%26#39;t know what time the shops in Sanxia open, but the ones in Yingge aren%26#39;t fully open till noon. On Mondays, when the Ceramics Museum is closed, many of the shops are closed as well. The museum closes at 5PM, last tickets sold at 4:30.



www.ceramics.tpc.gov.tw/en-us/Home.aspx




Thanks so much calicocat, really appreciate it! if i cant find the bus to Yingge may just try for a taxi!





I tentatively have decided on Taipei-Sanxia late morning (temple and old street)-bus to Yingge in afternoon (if i can find the bus stop)-museum, old street and food-train to Songshan Train Station (where I can do my usual Raohe shopping!)





Erm I%26#39;m flying in a few hours%26#39; time and going for this day trip next Tues. Maybe I can update here when im back for the benefit of everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment