Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My travel experiences from Tapiei City to Alishan (part I)

I%26#39;m just back from my Taipei/Alishan trip over the weekend.. Would really like to share and thank those whom have given me the suggestions and advices..





Part ONE - Mode of Transport





I chooses these way coz I wanted to experience the Alishan Forest Train (old style train).





Also I suggest travellers to book the 10am train as it%26#39;ll arrive Alishan around 2.30pm. If you take the later one, the sky is almost dark (during winter)when u arrive.



**************************************************





Most of the train tickets are booked advance online.





U can travel to the Chiayi HSR from Taipei Main Station (HSR).





Please take the early HSR, i.e. 7.06am if you鈥檙e catching the 10am Alishan forest train.





U鈥檒l arrive at Chiayi HSR around 8.35am.





Walk out of main entrance, you鈥檒l see a bus-stop located there, board the SHUTTLE BUS that goes to Chiayi Train Station (ask the driver if not sure), waiting and journey time is around 20 minutes each (weekday).





Here鈥檚 the COMPLICATED PART - the shuttle bus WILL NOT alight u directly in front of Chiayi train station. U need about 10-15 minutes walk (including crossing an overhead bridge). The SHUTTLE BUS stops at the back of the station, ask the local once u alight, they will direct u. Take a cab if all these sounds too complicated. Cab fare is estimated at NT300++.





INFO/FARES:



u can book HSR online = https://irs.thsrc.com.tw/IMINT



Alishan forest train =



https://ticket.ht-alishan.com.tw/welcome.php





HSR Fare = NT1080 per pax one way 鈥?1.5 hrs journey





Alishan Forest Train = NT399 per pax one way (Alishan back to Chiayi is NT360) 鈥?4.5hrs journey one way





SHUTTLE BUS Fare is NT40 per pax one way (Chiayi HSR to Chiayi train station) 鈥?20 minutes journey





*note*



U will need to walk (hike) about 500m in-between one of the Alishan Forest Train station as it was destroy by heavy rain. It took us about 20 mins, a little tired if you%26#39;re not an active person ... :p But you are given 40mins to complete the walk.





%26lt;that%26#39;s why we opted to travel back to Chiayi via Express Bus instead 鈥?2.5 hrs journey 鈥?NT204 per pax%26gt;



the express bus ticket can be purchased at the 7-11 (in Alishan, behind Starbucks). U鈥檒l alight at the Chiayi Train station. Walk the same way back to the Shuttle Bus Stop (ask the local if unclear).



My travel experiences from Tapiei City to Alishan (part I)


Wensi, thanks for sharing such up-to-date and detailed directions---it%26#39;s really a big help!!



My travel experiences from Tapiei City to Alishan (part I)


hi calicocat, you%26#39;re most welcome.. ;p




Hi Wensi!





Pls advise when did you visit Alishan? You mean the train track is still not fully repaired? If I were to take a cab up to Fenchihu then take the forest train Alishan, would I miss anything much? Cos I juz wanna hv an experience on this train ride and wanna avoid wasting time.





Do you have any idea on the bus timing from Alishan to Chiayi train station?







Cheers,



NaNa




hi neuross,





My Alishan trip is 5th - 6th Feb 2009. I%26#39;m not sure has it been repaired within one week..





there%26#39;s nothing much along the journey, just some %26#39;old%26#39; stations whereby they%26#39;re not in used now.





The bus i took is around 1pm. If i%26#39;m not wrong, there%26#39;s a 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm buses..




Hi Wensi!





Thank you so much for da info! I couldn%26#39;t decide which timing to book for da train from Chiayi to Hualien (my next destination) without da bus timing.









Cheers,



NaNa




I thought of taking the morning train so that can reach ealier... Wow the shutter bus seemed kind of complicated. Thanks for the information and I hoped by the time I reached there should be successful.




Hello,



I%26#39;ll go to Alishan on mid April. Could you tell me if the walk is very steep, is on a path or road, and what altitude?





Thank you for your comments, it helps me to prepare my holidays.



Christine, Genevy Switzerland




hi christine





no worry, alisan is a mountain and of course you won%26#39;t be carrying all the rope and pieces to conquer that 2200m high soil...





alisan here is just sort of garden on top of a mountain, after taking coach or train you will end up on this tour spot. at there you might able to find yourself a long walk through a big garden, along the way you might seen cherry flowers etc (depends on seasons)





early the morning you might wish to visit spots suggested by the local where sun rise can be view...





anyway is a short description of alisan by me, if you need more help you might want to contact me at thomascutedogg@hotmail.com





Thomas




hi wensi





is the breakdown which you need to walk is before fenqihu or after fenqihu station ?




It is before Fenqihu.

No comments:

Post a Comment